Targeted Email Marketing: Gmail icon
Targeted email marketing is email marketing that focuses on a specific audience. This type of email marketing allows you to send a unique message to a specific group of people. Targeted Email marketing transforms mass mailing into a targeted and personal experience. It separates the audience through segmentation, understands the email’s recipients, and reframes the message in their context. This establishes engagement and converts contacts into sales and customer retention.
According to recent research, around 3.9 billion email users on the planet send and receive 281 billion emails every day. However, a random email from an unknown sender has the shortest shelf life as it goes straight into the spam folder. On the other hand, impersonal emails from marketers get deleted in an instant.
Targeted Email marketing allows you to send emails that impact your customer’s inbox. Therefore, sending tailored messages to specific subsets of subscribers can be done by utilizing data you already have on your consumers. This will increase connection to your subscribers and engagement with your content.
Targeted Email Marketing and Analytics
A 360-degree view of the audience is required to have a deeper insight into customer wants. As it is difficult to gain and evaluate accurate customer information, such as name, birthday, gender, age, occupation, interests, purchasing habits, and online activity. Using sophisticated analytics and business intelligence software to gather information, visualize data, and segment the target audience based on demographics, geographical location, psychological profiles, online interactions, and socio-cultural background is critical.
You may significantly boost your ROI, sales, and earnings by adopting Targeted email marketing.
Below we will highlight the advantages of Targeted Email Marketing
Advantages Of Targeted Email Marketing
Targeted email marketing offers the following benefits to businesses:
- Increased brand awareness, promoting purchasing decisions, and maintaining customer loyalty are just a few of the benefits.
- Sends a relevant message that addresses the client’s demands
- Customers are more inclined to open, read, and respond to personalized messages.
- Personalized messages help to build more engaging material that encourages higher open rates and click-throughs.
- Aids in improving conversion rates and return on investment (ROI), resulting in increased revenue potential.
This is How to Create Targeted Email Marketing Strategies:
Define the data you’ll need.
- Metadata/Profile: demographics, location, age, gender, and any other valuable data
- Campaign specifics: opened/not opened, clicked/not clicked, inactive, etc
- Shopping behavior: recently purchased, onetime purchase, frequent shopper, abandoned cart, browsing abandonment, and so on.
Also, pick needs that are relevant to your e-commerce business.
The great thing about segmenting based on interests is that you’re only displaying products to your consumer that have the greatest chance of piquing his or her interest.
Consider the data you’ll need to design accurate email campaigns:
- Email address
- Interests /preferences
For a comprehensive guide to email, segmentation check out this article here!
Connect all of your channels: Customer Relationship Management (CRM) + email, Service Provider, and Online store
This is a great way to unify your consumers’ data.
Based on the segments, create customer personas.
Creating a marketing persona based on the data you employ is important for the following step. You’ll need to develop a separate marketing persona for each category.
Because when you know who you’re writing to, it’s simpler to get your ideas down.
You should include these essential data in your marketing persona:
- Name or a nickname or a symbol that the customer prefers
- Job title
- Likes, dislikes, hobbies, and passion
- Age, gender, location, income, family, etc
- What the customer wants – The aim is to solve a problem.
- The message that your brand conveys to this customer
Create Content Specifically For These Clients.
Finally, you can craft the perfect email for your esteemed subscribers.
Write your email as if you are speaking to them one on one:
- What would you say to them?
- Which offer would interest them?
- What do they want??
- How can you help?
Customers will be more inclined to buy if they are more engaged with you. Similarly, the relevance of the message will increase the conversion rate, thus boosting your sales.
Targeted Email Marketing: Email scrabble
Let’s have a look at four of the most frequent types of targeted email campaigns, based on the subscribers’ gender, location, preferences, and lifecycle stage.
Email Marketing That Is Tailored For People With A Certain Gender
Split your audience according to people’s gender identities.
Geo-targeted Email Marketing
First, send tailored emails to your subscribers based on their zip codes, locations, and previous purchases from a specific shop. This is to reach out to your area audience with more relevant offers. Send a user an email with a link to the preference center and information about local happenings.
Second, Targeted Email marketing that is suited to your target audience’s needs considers users’ hobbies and appealing topics to target them with relevant emails.
Third, focus your targeted email marketing on certain behavior. For instance, you can use these snippets to create content that’s personalized for your audience. Interact with your consumers based on their engagement with your campaigns and sites. Track what they view or where they go, and devise effective answers:
- Find out what enticed readers’ attention — your blog or high-value pages — and collect the follow-up material, then send it to them.
- If your subscriber doesn’t open your emails, consider a re-engagement campaign to recapture their attention. Offer a tempting discount, free shipping, or ask them to manage their preferences so you can send them relevant communications in the future.
- Send them a transactional email with their order and delivery information, as well as cross-selling possibilities when they make a purchase. Add reviews or instructional videos on how to use your goods.
Are You Now Ready To Have Automated Targeted Email Marketing?
Use Automation 360 to create automated targeted email flows that will activate after certain user interactions, such as search queries, page visits, sales, personal milestones e.t.c. Use Automation 360 to boost your email flows with browser push notifications and text messaging.
Lifecycle targeted email marketing
At the point of sale, your customers are at various stages in their purchasing journey. The form of each stage is distinct, and you must adapt your emails to match them.
Here is a typical customer lifecycle and email ideas you may target subscribers with at each stage:
- New subscriber. Hitting your new subscribers with sale offers as soon as they come in may just drive them away. So instead, send a welcome email to introduce your company narrative and principles, offer your greatest articles or videos so that users can recognize who they’re dealing with.
- Prospect. This is the ideal moment to offer discounts or a complimentary delivery option to persuade the customer to make a purchase.
- First-time buyer. You closed the transaction and gained a new client. Send a thank-you note, offer helpful how-top, and lead clients through your services or products.
- Cart-abandoner. Whether it’s because of a technical issue or a customer service error, your customers may abandon their purchases. You can still get a piece of the action with an abandoned cart email if they didn’t finish their order. Place photographs of unsold items, offer special discounts, and customize your message to draw readers’ attention to your email and encourage them to.
- Loyal customer. The consumers are knowledgeable about your brands enough to suggest your businesses to their friends. This area of your database is a natural fit for including in your loyalty programs, giving users early access to new merchandise and samples for evaluation.
How To Do Targeted Email Marketing
Here’s a sequence of actions to take to develop data-driven and relevant emails:
- Collect your database.
- Define customer personas.
- Segment your mailing list.
- Create targeted content.
- Test and analyze.
SendPulse is software that empowers you to create and test unique and value-adding emails. While guiding you on how to spread these targeted email marketing emails.
Learn more about how to market yourself to expand your client base in our article here